Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rape victim ends up on cover of "People"

This morning People magazine revealed its new cover featuring a photo of a beaming Jaycee Dugard. The image of the 29-year-old Dugard is the first to be released to the public since she was was freed after spending the past 18 years in captivity and reunited with her family. A quote from Dugard accompanies the cover photo that says simply, "I'm so happy to be back with my family." More>>

Parenting a Columbine school shooter

Survivors and their families have been left wondering about the boys' parents in the decade since the 1999 shootings. "You know, I always wondered how she felt and what she went through. 'Cause I know I went through a living hell, and I was always sure she did, too," Michalik told the AP. Michalik, who has never met Susan Klebold, said reading the essay answered some of her questions about the Klebold family. "I applaud her for the courage to talk about this."